There comes a time when you have to consider replacing your conventional air conditioner with central air. Technology has come a long way in the air conditioning industry and today central air is preferred based on its increased efficiency, convenience and many health benefits. Here are some facts that may help you find the answer to your question:
- Central air is a lot less noisy than traditional air conditioners. In fact, it is barely detectable inside. That happens because central air conditioning units no longer have the condenser by the window or close to the room where it needs to produce cool air. Central air involves an outdoor unit, situated on the roof or somewhere outdoors on a concrete slab.
- The level of noise is reduced dramatically, which ultimately means that the level of comfort is increased. You can now enjoy cool air and quiet.
- Furthermore, central air consumes less energy than individual window units. Central air conditioning systems cool the entire home using 30% to 50% less energy than a 1970’s air conditioner would use in order to produce the same amount of cooled air. Even if your air conditioner is newer, you can still save considerably on your energy bill, up to 40%.
- It is only natural to want the best for your family in all respects. No matter how well a traditional air conditioner performs, it is impossible to match the highly efficient filters of central air. The technology of taking pollutants and allergens out of the air is simply not available or not as efficient in conventional air conditioners. Improved indoor air quality is one of the most convincing arguments for installing central air. Some of the latest technologies allow central air units to remove even micro allergens, resulting in a far healthier environment for you and your family.
- Central air is a high impact addition that will increase the value of your home on the real estate market. In the case you intend to sell your home, you will definitely be grateful for having installed central air.
- Central air is basically invisible, especially if you choose a packaged system that has all the components in an outdoor unit, away from your view. Your home will also look modern and neat as central air does not take up inside space.
You can also combine central air with central heating, which means the ultimate comfort for you and your family. The same user friendly unit and operating console can generate both cool and hot air without you having to spend a fortune.
There are many more benefits to installing central air in your home. You just need to get informed and ask a reliable air conditioning supplier about your options. Remember that central air is not just any purchase; it is an investment you are making for the health and comfort of your family and yourself.
If you think central air is the best solution for your home or have any questions, call the friendly and knowledgeable staff at Laird & Son for your free, no obligation estimate today.