Oil to Gas Conversion and Tank Removal
Oil to Gas Conversion and Tank Removal in Toronto
Whether you have an oil furnace, an oil boiler or an electric furnace or an electric boiler, even if you have electric baseboard heating, Laird and Son can convert your home to natural gas heating.
It all begins with our assessment of your home by doing a heat loss calculation and quoting you on an appropriate furnace or boiler. Then we look for the path of least difficulty to run a gas line to the outside of the house. This also involves choosing an appropriate location for the gas meter. Some customers are under the impression that the gas company chooses the meter location. This is not the case. While there are guidelines, a Laird and Son representative will consult with you to find a location that suits the aesthetics of your property. And please note, the removal of the old boiler or furnace is included in the quote. Any residue oil will also be removed.
This work is done by a TSSA approved contractor with a truck licensed to carry the oil that has been pumped out. Drop sheets are used and a thorough clean up done after the old equipment has been removed from your property.
If the quote and the work involved meet your expectations the Laird and Son representative will order the gas on your behalf. This is an online process that gives the utility your information and the location of the meter. The gas utility is Enbridge and they then respond to you the customer and Laird and Son as your contractor.
Free Sales Consultant
New Gas Boiler and Furnace Installation Services
Gas lines were once free. But that is no longer the case. Once the gas application has been submitted, Enbridge will contact you and give you a quote to install the gas service to your house. You will be required to pay the full amount prior to any further action by the gas company.
Once you pay, they will procure the proper permits and do an onsite inspection. There will be no further requirements on your part.
Once the gas is in and the meter installed, we remove the old tank, the old heating appliance and install your new gas boiler or furnace. We turn it on, test it and then call for an inspection by Enbridge.
Frequently Asked Questions: Switching From Oil to Gas
- Gas conversions can be done at any time of the year. Even difficult jobs can be completed in one day (including the removal).
- It can take up to 12 weeks from the time of the application to the installation of the meter. Once the meter is installed, Laird and Son can complete the installation very quickly.
- Gas furnaces and boilers can save up to 60 percent of your heating costs.
- Laird and Son can install gas water heaters, tankless water heaters and do rough ins for other appliances such as stoves or fireplaces.
- The gas contractor torpedoes the gas line underground. While some disruption occurs , it is minimal and Enbridge does a very good job at re-sodding or repairing your lawns or walkways.
- Laird and Son services your new gas appliance, offering warranties and service contracts including emergency service and annual cleaning and maintenance.
- Laird and Son do many oil to gas conversions every year. Our reputation for safety and the quality of workmanship is impeccable. We take great care to ensure the gas piping is done properly and strenuously tested against leaks and exposure to hazard.
Safe Natural Gas Conversion Servicing North Toronto, Oshawa
We work in your home as if we were working in our own. In sixty years of working with natural gas installations we have never had a gas incident involving harm to persons or property. From our family to yours, Laird and Son.