The Best Toronto Furnace, Air Conditioning & Heating Service Contractors
When your a customer of Laird & Son you become our reason for doing what we do.
Ensuring your Comfort and Safety.
For over 60 years Laird and Son Heating and Air Conditioning has been there to take care of our customers across the GTA, serving the Downtown Toronto Region, and North Toronto.
If you are outside of our service area please call us and we will do our best to help!
For over three generations, Laird & Son has stayed true to its founding principle: making sure that every customer is completely satisfied. Google+
Emergency Heating and Air Conditioning Repair Services
We are a family owned and operated company and one of the most experienced HVAC companies in Toronto. Laird & Son is the oldest independent Lennox dealer in Canada and we operate on values that place the customer first by providing prompt 24 hour emergency service for furnace repairs, boiler repair, air conditioner service and installation, and tankless water heater repair.
Laird & Son Fuels Ltd. can provide service on oil furnaces, new tank installations as well as automatic fuel delivery. We take pride in carrying the best equipment for fair prices. Our reputation precedes us with 90% of our business resulting from referrals and existing customers. We love to do a great job, read your online reviews, see our customers smile, and then hear the neighbors call us about the friendly HVAC contractor or prompt air conditioning service.
Licensing & Training Residential HVAC Contractors
Homeowners need protection from accidents and hazards. Equipment needs protection from improper installation. Laird & Son provides the best training and licensing, compliant with codes, by-laws and workplace safety.
Our company is TSSA registered, Metro licensed, and owner Neil Laird is an HRAI member. His company is WSIB compliant and has $5,000,000 liability insurance, and holds his employees accountable for behavior and cleanliness. Drop sheets are used on all jobs and plastic shoe covers on boots to keep your carpets clean and floors safe.
Our Safety & Protection
All service technicians and installers wear uniforms. All of our trucks are boldly lettered. There is no mistaking who knocks on your door. When sub-contractors are used for work such as removals and chimney liners, they are TSSA compliant (meaning they have proper license and insurance coverage). You are protected from accident liability when dealing with Laird and Son.
Laird and Son has spent decades building relationships with organizations and we are proud to be affiliated with the following:
Oldest Independent Lennox Dealer in Canada
We service and install boilers and radiant heat, service and install gas furnaces and air conditioners, install full duct systems, service and install attic air conditioning systems (high velocity and low velocity). We install gas, electric and oil-fired water heaters, tankless water heaters and combination boilers that provide hydronic heat and domestic hot water with one unit.
Laird & Son Fuels Ltd. still delivers oil and services oil burners. We convert oil heated homes to gas and specialize in servicing older homes. We provide service to new homes and are experts in conditioning renovations and additions.
SNAP Financial Services
Really, it’s no problem. At Laird and Son Toronto heating and cooling, we have HVAC financing available through SNAP financial services. You can finance your new furnace, air conditioner or complete system at reasonable interest rates with no down payment.
Monthly payments are lowered with 12-year terms that allow you to pay down or pay off the loan at any time with no penalty.
- Laird and Son heating and air conditioning provides residential contractor Toronto furnace repair services. We do not service commercial systems. All our attention is focused in providing exceptional furnace and air conditioner repair to Toronto homeowners. We are experts in diagnostics and repair of forced air systems, boiler systems, central, ductless and attic air conditioning systems. We service all major brands and have quality relationships with their wholesale suppliers of parts. If you need a part, we will track it down and get it installed promptly. Our technicians come from a variety of backgrounds, with diagnostic experience on Carrier, Brandt, Trane, Goodman, Keeprite, York, Lennox, Rheem and other manufacturers of forced air systems.
- Our ac installation team in Toronto are trained by the manufacturers. We follow manufacturer’s guidelines to the letter. Our installer will complete an installation checklist which will detail each facet of the installation and the setting up and testing of the new equipment. These tests include gas pressure tests, ensuring correct manifold pressures on gas valves, setting and adjusting fan speeds, checking operating pressures in your new air conditioner and pressurizing and air bleeding radiator systems after installing a new boiler. We will have you sign this document and a copy will stay with you and a copy will stay in the installation file in our office. We will follow up with you after the installation to check on your satisfaction with our installers, the experience of having our staff in your home, and you satisfaction with your new system.
- When should you replace your existing furnace, air conditioner, boiler, ductless, attic system, etc.? And the answer is…when you decide you want to replace it. Our sales staff are available to discuss air conditioner, water heater, and furnace replacement options in Toronto. It is important to take the time to find out what is available to enhance your lifestyle. It is important to find out what you could be missing. You never miss the comfort you could have had, until you see someone who has it. Then you kick yourself.
- We participate in the effort to recycle all mercury bulb thermostats. You have seen them; every house had one. There were the round dial thermostats and the lever adjusted thermostats with an internal mercury ball. For the last decade we have been sending these controls to a recycling station in sealed containers to prevent mercury being released into landfill sites. We follow prescribed guidelines for recycling refrigerant, claiming it and returning it to manufacturers for reprocessing, preventing the release of harmful gases into the atmosphere. We guarantee your old equipment will be removed from your property and recycled. In special cases we use Technical Standard and Safety certified removal companies who observe removal and disposal protocol for hazardous wastes such as fuel oil and asbestos. These HVAC companies and their employees have the licenses, the insurance and the experience to do the work for which we contract them.
- Oil Delivery
- At Laird & Son Fuels Ltd., we deliver Heating Oil or Furnace Oil on a computerized weather controlled basis to hundreds of homes and businesses in Toronto and the GTA. Laird and Son Fuels Ltd. has been proudly serving its customers in Toronto, Scarborough, North York, Etobicoke, Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa, Thornhill, Richmond Hill, Mississauga, and Brampton for over 60 years. Even with the growing interest in natural gas heating, many people prefer to heat with furnace oil. They prefer to choose their supplier instead of buying from a monopoly. There are still areas where gas is not available and oil is required. It is our intention as a company to continue to provide uncompromised delivery and service to people who want to heat with oil. Most of the independent oil companies have sold out.