It’s that time of year again when your furnace is working overtime to keep your home warm. As winter approaches, it’s important to make sure that your furnace is in good shape so that you can stay comfortable and avoid any costly repairs down the road.
One way to do this is to have a professional clean your furnace every year.
In this blog post, we will discuss the signs that indicate your furnace needs to be cleaned and why it’s important to take care of this task sooner rather than later.
The Signs That Your Furnace Needs to Be Cleaned
When it comes to your furnace, one of the most important things you can do is keep it clean. Not only is a clean furnace more efficient, but it also lasts longer. There are a few signs that your furnace may need to be cleaned, and if you notice any of them, it’s best to take action right away.
- Inefficient Heating: One of the most common signs that your furnace needs to be cleaned is if it’s not heating as efficiently as it used to. If you find that your furnace is taking longer to heat up your home or that the temperature isn’t as consistent as it used to be, there’s a good chance that dirt and dust are starting to build up on the heating elements. This can not only reduce the efficiency of your furnace but can also lead to higher energy bills.
- Strange Smells: Another sign that your furnace needs to be cleaned is if you start noticing strange smells coming from the unit. These smells can range from musty and stale to outright burning, and they’re usually an indication that something is wrong with the burner assembly. If you smell anything unusual coming from your furnace, it’s important to have it checked out by a professional right away.
- Decreased Performance: If you notice any decrease in the performance of your furnace or strange smells or sounds start coming from the unit, it’s important to have it cleaned as soon as possible. A professional furnace cleaning company will be able to clean all of the major components of your furnace, including the blower motor and burners, and will also check for any other potential issues. By taking care of your furnace now, you can ensure that it lasts for many years to come.
Why It’s Important to Regularly Clean Your Furnace
When it comes to home maintenance, few things are as important as keeping your furnace clean. Not only does this ensure that your furnace will operate more efficiently, but it also helps prevent potentially dangerous situations such as fires.
There are a number of reasons why it’s important to regularly clean your furnace. One of the most important is that a clean furnace is a safe furnace. Dust and other debris can build up inside the unit and create a fire hazard. In addition, a clean furnace will also be more efficient, meaning that it will use less energy and save you money on your energy bills.
Another reason to keep your furnace clean is to improve the quality of the air in your home. Dust and other airborne particles can cause respiratory problems, so it’s important to remove them from the air whenever possible. A clean furnace filter will help trap these particles and improve the air quality in your home.
Finally, regular cleaning of your furnace will extend its lifespan. Just like any other mechanical device, a furnace that isn’t properly maintained will eventually break down. By keeping it clean, you can ensure that it lasts longer and saves you money on repair and replacement costs.
As you can see, there are plenty of good reasons to make sure that you regularly clean your furnace. It’s important for safety, efficiency, and longevity – so don’t put it off any longer!
Why You Shouldn’t Ignore Cleaning Your Furnace
Cleaning your furnace may seem like a tedious and unimportant task, but it is actually crucial to the proper functioning of your furnace and the quality of your home’s air. A dirty furnace can lead to a number of problems, including decreased heating efficiency, increased risk of fire, and poor indoor air quality.
A clean furnace is a more efficient furnace. When your furnace is clogged with dirt and debris, it has to work harder to heat your home. This not only wastes energy and increases your utility bills but also puts an unnecessary load on your furnace. A yearly professional cleaning can help keep your furnace running efficiently.
Furthermore, a dirty furnace is also a fire hazard. The build-up of lint and debris in your furnace can create a serious fire risk. In fact, according to the National Fire Protection Association, furnaces are one of the leading causes of house fires. Having your furnace professionally cleaned each year can help reduce this risk and keep your family safe.
Not cleaning your furnace can also negatively impact the air quality in your home. The dust and dirt that collects in your furnace can be circulated through your home every time the furnace turns on. This can aggravate allergies and respiratory problems and make it difficult to breathe for everyone in your household.
Having your furnace cleaned regularly can help improve the air quality in your home and protect the health of your family.
How a Professional Can Help You Clean Your Furnace
If your furnace is not operating as efficiently as it should be, or if it hasn’t been serviced in a while, it might be time to call in a professional to help you clean it. A professional furnace cleaning service will have the tools and knowledge necessary to clean your furnace quickly and thoroughly. They can also spot any potential problems that might need to be addressed.
There are a few things that you can do to prepare for a professional furnace cleaning service.
First, make sure that you have all the paperwork for your furnace ready, including the model and serial number. This will help the technician identify your furnace and find the appropriate cleaning instructions.
Second, clear out any clutter around your furnace to help the technician easily access all of the parts that need to be cleaned. Finally, vacuum any carpets or floors near your furnace to ensure no dust or dirt can get blown around during the cleaning process.
Once the technician arrives, they will start by inspecting your furnace and taking note of any areas that might need special attention. They will then disconnect all of the electrical connections and gas lines leading to your furnace.
Next, they will use special brushes and vacuums to clean out all of the dirt, dust, and debris from inside your furnace. Finally, they will reassemble everything and test your furnace to make sure that it is running properly.
If you have been putting off getting your furnace serviced or cleaned, now is the time to call in a professional to ensure you have a working furnace this winter!
Tips for Maintaining Your Furnace in Between Cleanings
If you want to keep your furnace in tip-top shape, there are some things you can do in between professional cleanings.
- Make sure that you regularly check and replace your furnace filter. A dirty filter will not only make your furnace work harder, but it can also lead to decreased indoor air quality.
- In addition to changing your furnace filter, you should also vacuum around the base of your furnace on a regular basis. This will help remove any dirt, dust, or debris that could potentially clog up the workings of your furnace.
- Another important tip is to keep an eye on the Pilot light. The Pilot light is responsible for igniting the main burners in your furnace. If the Pilot light goes out, then your furnace will not be able to heat your home properly.
If you notice the Pilot light flickering or going out completely, contact a professional right away. Attempting to fix the problem yourself could be dangerous and may void any warranties that you have on your furnace.
As the weather starts to cool down and we begin to rely on our furnaces to keep our homes warm, it’s important to ensure that our furnaces are clean and well-maintained. A dirty furnace will not only be less effective at heating your home but can also be a safety hazard.
Hence, it’s important to get your furnace professionally cleaned once every year to ensure it’s working adequately.
Ontario’s government provides multiple power incentives to homeowners who are willing to upgrade their HVAC systems. So, why wait any more? Laird & Son Heating & Air Conditioning is available to offer their customers high-quality air conditioning and emergency products and services. We are a family-owned and operated establishment with approximately 70 years of experience in the industry and have qualified service representatives on our team to offer proven services across the greater Toronto area.
To get your hands on our free sales quotation and to know our latest offers, call us at 416 421 2121 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also connect with us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.