Ontario NDP Promises Grants and Loans for Energy-Efficient Upgrades in Homes

Energy-Efficient Upgrades in Homes

Are you thinking of upgrading your home with a quality HVAC system? Here’s some money-saving good news for you! 

Ontario’s new democrats have promised to offer homeowners grants and interest-free loans to support energy-efficient home upgrades. This motion is set to fight the climate crisis and help families afford everyday life by lowering their utility bills.

According to the scheme, an NDP government will offer people grants worth $7,000 to $11,000 for household upgrades, including high-efficiency electric water heaters, insulation, heat pumps, deep energy retrofits, efficient windows, and energy efficiency assessments.

Moreover, for any costs over the amount of this grant mentioned above, the NDP will offer zero-interest financing that people can pay off over time via their hydro bill.

Here’s a little math: Installing a new heat pump system can help you reduce home energy consumption by an average of 61 percent. So, what are you waiting for? Go and consult with a reputed HVAC dealer in town today!

Significant Benefits of Energy-Efficient Upgrades

Read on to understand why you should consider upgrading your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment to streamline your energy bill while getting the most out of it.

It Helps You Save Money

Replacing your old system with higher efficiency HVAC system will help you save dollars in the long run. While most time-dated systems operate at around 65% of Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency (AFUE), the remaining 35% goes down the drain. 

Thus, by upgrading to a high-quality and better-efficiency HVAC system, the AFUE rating will be greater than 90%, making it apt for better indoor air quality.

It Supports Proficient Air Flow

A high-quality HVAC system comprises variable speed motors that ensure consistent airflow throughout your place. 

Better airflow further translates your home’s interior environment with regulated temperature. It also helps eradicate impurities from the air and prevent mold formation. 

It Helps You Reduce Your Carbon Footprint

As a rule of thumb, remember that an HVAC system that is good for your wallet and home is also ideal for the environment. HVAC systems with higher efficiency systems are known to use one-third less fuel as compared with the older models. 

Therefore, installing this system in your home will help you produce less waste and contribute your part to support a sustainable environment. 

It Boosts the Resale Value

When putting up your property for sale, most buyers consider the quality of the HVAC system before making the final transaction. Furthermore, they also consider the operating cost when investing in high-quality HVAC items. 

So, if you are looking for a strategy to elevate your home’s value and quality of life, it is recommended to install a powerful HVAC system now! 

About us

The government of Ontario is offering multiple power incentives to homeowners upgrading their HVAC systems. What are you waiting for? Laird & Son Heating & Air Conditioning is a family-owned and operated company with 70 years of experience in the industry. 

We offer high-quality air conditioning and emergency products and services, along with trained and qualified service representatives and proven incentives across the greater Toronto area.
To get a free sales quotation or understand our current offers, contact us at 416 421 2121 or email us at inquiries@lairdandson.com. You can also find us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube.

Scroll to Top